Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

Iggy's "onto the next one" 86 Hatch, CA20ET, FD ProAm Dreams

Started by IggyEGuana · Dec 4, 2012 · 331postsSMF 2010–26

sideways_s12Feb 8, 2013, 6:05 pm · #101

lol ok

IggyEGuanaFeb 8, 2013, 9:08 pm · #102

A guy who used to work at Firestone works at Force Fed now. His name is Angel. He said its $100 for 3 pulls. too steep for me.

sideways_s12Feb 8, 2013, 9:11 pm · #103

damn wonder what with the price jump and that high it used to be 50 for three

IggyEGuanaFeb 9, 2013, 10:13 pm · #104

did the alignment. it wasnt very bad at all. the rear was toed out a little on the right and toed in a little on the left. the left is already adjusted as far negative as it will go so i adjusted the right to match the left. i was suprised by how good the rear camber is. very reasonable all things considered. the front was actually pretty good too. just very very toed out. here are all the numbers

left front---------right front
camber:-4.7-----camber:-4.9
caster:4.7-------caster:4.4
toe:0.02-----------toe:0.03
------total toe:0.05

left rear---------right rear
camber:-3.6----camber:-3.3
toe:0.17---------toe:0.20
------total toe:0.37
Post Merge


those are after aligning it
sideways_s12Feb 9, 2013, 11:28 pm · #105

Nice now get to the dyno and lets see some numbers and don't forget to take a vid...

turbo-s12Feb 10, 2013, 3:10 am · #106

Is that the best you could get the rear toe?

IggyEGuanaFeb 10, 2013, 7:18 pm · #107

Ya the left side is adjusted as far negative as it will go so I matched the right to it. Eventually I'll weld the subframe mounts solid and that will probably straighten the toe out so one side doesn't have to be adjusted opposite the other.

IggyEGuanaFeb 15, 2013, 9:02 pm · #108

dyno vids. sorry the quality sucks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgabKobhMiA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G249fI4g6Kk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jva2-tG2Fxc

the first pull it made 174hp and leaned out. before the 2nd i bumped the fuel pressure up a couple pounds. then it made 185hp but still went lean. not as bad tho. i bumped the fuel pressure again but on the 3rd pull the AFR stayed the same as well as the hp. so looks like the stock pump is maxed out

Jeremy AFeb 15, 2013, 9:24 pm · #109

Oh damn,  that's a ton of power man!  DAMN, 185!  Is that what you were expecting?

IggyEGuanaFeb 15, 2013, 9:30 pm · #110

ya i was afraid it would make that much

night_s12Feb 15, 2013, 9:54 pm · #111

Afraid it would?

sideways_s12Feb 15, 2013, 10:32 pm · #112

Lol you made more power on the ca20et than i did with my det nice how much boost you running? Not bad for a.ca20 with a t25 on it....

turbo-s12Feb 15, 2013, 10:36 pm · #113

Damn 185!! Not bad man thats awesmome prolly the hightest hp ca20

IggyEGuanaFeb 15, 2013, 11:19 pm · #114

i'm not confident the motor will hold up.

its on 10psi with no manual boost controller. i'll have to clock the turbo to turn it down but i'm gonna leave it.

gonna put the walbro in before the 23rd. i got it unstuck
Post Merge


but i'm gonna take the stock pump with me just in case
turbo-s12Feb 15, 2013, 11:51 pm · #115

Just build it up and have a badass ca20

Johnny_boiFeb 16, 2013, 2:33 am · #116

Wow!!! Verdy nice

rednucleusFeb 16, 2013, 11:33 am · #117

Hooray for the mighty CA20 on steroids!!

David BFeb 17, 2013, 11:54 pm · #118

why + toe in the front? i prefer a tad bit, tiny bit over stock toe out, running like .30 toe in the rear

i know s12 shit is hard to modify in the back though, but toe in for the front or zero toe tends to make switching back hard for me, especially with my welded

i thing -.04 is what im at ish

like 7 degrees of positive caster, 3 for front camber

and ran .07 rear camber, but gonna try .03/.04 to use all that tire

IggyEGuanaFeb 18, 2013, 11:29 pm · #119

stability. i've always run that type of slight toe in for the front. the car had a lot of toe out during the last event and it felt really bad. if it doesnt feel good or something then i'll bump the toe out at the track tape measure style

i got the walbro swapped in tonight. the car runs better. not like its faster or anything. its just smoother responding to throttle and doesnt pop and spit very much at all anymore. I also got the tach working and finally fixed the multiswitch. hopefully once and for all. the knob on the end comes off. it has a retaining screw on the back. i've cleaned in there before but this time when i put the knob back all there was no force from the springs trying to push it off. i stretched the springs a little and reassembled with dielectric grease and now the dash lights and tail lights are 100% reliable.

and i put gas in it. i think i'm ready for Round 1

decoFeb 19, 2013, 12:00 pm · #120

Good luck

sideways_s12Feb 19, 2013, 2:10 pm · #121

Deco wtf you been man! Lol

IggyEGuanaFeb 22, 2013, 3:16 am · #122

borrowing a GoPro Hero3 Black Edition from a friend for saturday. watch out

Johnny_boiFeb 22, 2013, 3:43 am · #123

Awesome

Jeremy AFeb 22, 2013, 11:54 am · #124

Hey Waylon,  do you know who the other guy with an S12 that's gonna be at PROAM tomorrow?  The drivers list says he's from NV too,  just wondering if you knew.  I'm plannining on being out there tomorrow with a camera to support and hopefully get some cool shots.

IggyEGuanaFeb 22, 2013, 6:03 pm · #125

Gary will be driving in the practice event being run at the same time. the other guy on the proam drivers list with car type "200sx" is not an s12. its a s13 with r32 front end and tail lights. think euro 200sx s13 or maybe its just a typo. pretty sweet rb26 in it tho

Jeremy AFeb 24, 2013, 10:49 pm · #126

From Vegas Pro-am Round 1 on 3/23,

(http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/jersadras/Jers%20Snaps/IMG_4452_zps6c5326a3.jpg)

(http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/jersadras/Jers%20Snaps/IMG_4453_zps08ca9013.jpg)

(http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/jersadras/Jers%20Snaps/IMG_4454_zpsf8bc1b69.jpg)

(http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab15/jersadras/Jers%20Snaps/IMG_4456_zps44c3831e.jpg)

sideways_s12Feb 24, 2013, 10:52 pm · #127

Nice! Any vids?
Post Merge


I miss watching iggy rep the s12 but i work weekends so i can never go maybe I'll use a vacation day to go to the next one
WonderingravenFeb 24, 2013, 10:54 pm · #128

lol I'm still a ghost..  but that is awesome!

Jeremy AFeb 24, 2013, 11:03 pm · #129
Wonderingraven on 10:54:16 PM / 24-Feb-13lol I'm still a ghost..  but that is awesome!

Dude, Gary,  if you look real close I think you can see your bumper in the third shot behind that chair.  DOPE!  LOL,  I know man,  I know...
sideways_s12Feb 24, 2013, 11:05 pm · #130

Hey Iggy where'd you get your couplers from?

WonderingravenFeb 24, 2013, 11:14 pm · #131
Jeremy A on 11:03:22 PM / 24-Feb-13Dude, Gary,  if you look real close I think you can see your bumper in the third shot behind that chair.  DOPE!  LOL,  I know man,  I know... 

You are right brow! back to "almost a ghost" status!
sideways_s12Feb 24, 2013, 11:40 pm · #132

I want iggy's front rims lol

pakii-afaFeb 25, 2013, 8:42 pm · #133

really like the rim selection

IggyEGuanaFeb 25, 2013, 10:19 pm · #134

Damn Jeremy those pics are fuckin sick! wow. thank you. I'm gonna steal em for my facebook if u dont mind. i'll put photo credit on there.
the red couplers came from Sterling. no clue where he got them. Gary you only got missed cuz you werent on the track. they'll get you next time for sure.

Heres the pics that have popped up so far plus some that my buddy took in the morning with the car waiting for tech inspection.
(http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a631/iggyeguana/000%202013%20Vegas%20ProAm%20Round%201/DSC_9772_zpsfecd96e3.jpg)
(http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a631/iggyeguana/000%202013%20Vegas%20ProAm%20Round%201/DSC_9771_zps73ca3876.jpg)
(http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a631/iggyeguana/000%202013%20Vegas%20ProAm%20Round%201/GoldenPhoto2013VPArnd1001_zpsde1bbb4a.jpg)
(http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a631/iggyeguana/000%202013%20Vegas%20ProAm%20Round%201/GoldenPhoto2013VPArnd1002_zps73af3896.jpg)
(http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a631/iggyeguana/000%202013%20Vegas%20ProAm%20Round%201/2013-02-23_07-26-17_368_zpscf102504.jpg)
(http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a631/iggyeguana/000%202013%20Vegas%20ProAm%20Round%201/2013-02-23_07-26-28_943_zpsbfe720aa.jpg)
(http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a631/iggyeguana/000%202013%20Vegas%20ProAm%20Round%201/2013-02-23_07-26-45_508_zps86fd4686.jpg)
(http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a631/iggyeguana/000%202013%20Vegas%20ProAm%20Round%201/2013-02-23_07-29-01_767_zps2da5522e.jpg)
(http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a631/iggyeguana/000%202013%20Vegas%20ProAm%20Round%201/GOPR0015_zps6c5d6723.jpg)

I only got a few vids with the gopro unfortunetly. gonna upload them to youtube right now and then link them and give the rundown of what happened

sideways_s12Feb 25, 2013, 11:23 pm · #135

The Last go pro Shot is fucking sick!

ProlowtoneFeb 25, 2013, 11:34 pm · #136

Car looks sick!

sideways_s12Feb 26, 2013, 12:07 am · #137

What is that sticking out of your hood....

Johnny_boiFeb 26, 2013, 12:26 am · #138
sideways_s12 on 12:07:57 AM / 26-Feb-13What is that sticking out of your hood....

kill switch i believe
WonderingravenFeb 26, 2013, 12:44 am · #139

Battery shut off switch.

sideways_s12Feb 26, 2013, 8:39 am · #140

Ahh ok I needs one of those espically since the battery is rear mounted now

IggyEGuanaFeb 26, 2013, 12:16 pm · #141

ya its the cutoff switch. I only have it because its required

This video took FOREVER to upload. over 2 hours and it was half way. idk wtf is up with youtube but it blows.

anyway its not even an exciting one. its just the parade lap. it shows the pits, the way to the course, the course, and the looooooong way back to the pits
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njavY_bIQaE

gonna upload the two qualifying runs right now
Post Merge


heres the first qualifying run. I transitioned too early and cut my angle too sharply after the transition. that put me well short of the first clipping point so I had to straighten. the rest of the run was pretty good tho. because I lost drift it was scored a zero

http://youtu.be/cgeH0YWoC9o
decoFeb 26, 2013, 2:46 pm · #142

Looks slick man, wish I coulda been out there. I planned to but like everything else in my world saturday was fucked. So how was it man. Its for sure good to see you driven again. Good luck at round 2. Oh and jason,  I have been sitten at home wishen I was rich and had more time on my hands when im not broke.

sideways_s12Feb 26, 2013, 9:57 pm · #143
deco on 01:52:38 AM / 26-Apr-74 jason,  I have been sitten at home wishen I was rich and had more time on my hands when im not broke.

I know that feeling
RoofFeb 27, 2013, 6:27 pm · #144

How much tire pressure are you running in the rear iggy?

IggyEGuanaFeb 27, 2013, 8:29 pm · #145

45psi cold
Post Merge


it keeps me sliding but doesnt offer much forward bite. just need more power
RoofFeb 28, 2013, 7:38 pm · #146

Hmm, I'm watching your video with my friend and it seems like you're e-braking the initiation.  Is that the case?  It seems like clutch kick would perhaps be more suitable to carry more speed.  Also my first thought was raising your tire pressure.  Usually when I'm drifting solo 75 psi cold actually feels really fucking good even with the ok amount of horsepower I was making.  Here's a video.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9FwDciLeEA&list=LLnXZu6Du-fdUl7iP2M74fsQ&feature=mh_lolz  just seems like it would be easier to connect the course with more pressure.  Maybe lower it past qualifying or something.  That's just my two cents.  Dope build and driving though.  I actually built my car after looking a lot at your old build.

sideways_s12Feb 28, 2013, 7:52 pm · #147

Nice work out there!

IggyEGuanaMar 1, 2013, 12:01 am · #148

thanks. I'm for sure gonna run more pressure for round 2. you make a great point about those two things too cuz clutch kicking in is my normal thing. I didnt learn ebrakes when i started out cuz the ebrake in the silver car didnt work for shit even after tightening it up. I tried clutch kicking in last weekend but the car gripped and straightened out too much so i had to switch to ebrakes. If i wouldve had more pressure in the rear it wouldnt have had the problem straightening and everything wouldve been easier. for sure gonna bump the pressure big time and go back to my normal style. chuckin it in like a boss

i got the hood pins installed and I wanna say off the bat that i hate hood pins and always have. i only put them on because theyre required. now since i have hood pins i decided to toss the hood latch/cable and I cut almost the whole skeleton out of the hood. i hate it. now the hood is all floppy and doesnt line up right. I hate hood pins. Prob gonna find a mkii hood and redo it with just the pins and leave everything else like normal

I_heart_VVLMar 1, 2013, 12:26 am · #149

Hood pins suck. I don't see how you'd ever need them.

But what do I know, I'm from Texas where most guys don't even drift with a helmet lol.

WonderingravenMar 1, 2013, 12:29 am · #150

Pro-Am rules and it's also for insurance reasons too.

For no helms in Texas, I wonder how long they will be able to keep holding events?  or are they non insured events that doesn't do pro-am or something?