Browse › Builds & Media ›Build projects

Iggy's "onto the next one" 86 Hatch, CA20ET, FD ProAm Dreams

Started by IggyEGuana · Dec 4, 2012 · 331postsSMF 2010–26

sideways_s12Mar 1, 2013, 2:14 am · #151

I agred with iggy hood pins are gay and as soon as i can find a clean black mk2 hood i will be switching it. Also Iggy theres a clean mk1 hood at the nellis yard thats on the notch I know you said mk2 but this will get you buy till you find N mk2

I_heart_VVLMar 1, 2013, 11:35 am · #152
Wonderingraven on 12:29:56 AM / 01-Mar-13Pro-Am rules and it's also for insurance reasons too.

For no helms in Texas, I wonder how long they will be able to keep holding events?  or are they non insured events that doesn't do pro-am or something?


Non insured events, anybody who wants to run Pro-AM just runs XDC.
IggyEGuanaMar 1, 2013, 9:03 pm · #153

expect things to change in texas. u guys are getting FD this year instead of us. Its gonna change the dynamic of your proam series. expect shit to get serious

I have a clean flat hood I just need to paint it

I'm on the lookout for a cheap ass one piece seat. no fia rating required. lmk

sideways_s12Mar 2, 2013, 12:28 am · #154

I'll keep my eyes open..... Quick question did you weld your cage in or is it bolted in?

Jeremy AMar 2, 2013, 12:38 am · #155

I have a fake chinese recaro that you can have dude,  it is,  quite bad though.  I dont even know if it would work,  maybe.

I_heart_VVLMar 2, 2013, 2:07 am · #156

Check the advertiser specials section on zilvia too, Sonic Motor has some real cheap seats.

IggyEGuanaMar 2, 2013, 11:38 am · #157

thanks guys. the cage is welded in. its the bare minimum of the FD rules as of like 2 years ago. not sure if it would meet 2013,14,15 etc but its good for proam out here. Jeremy let me snag that seat off you

sideways_s12Mar 2, 2013, 2:05 pm · #158

Yeah mine is a bolt in but I think I want it welded in... Maybe when you get some time you could help me with that?

Jeremy AMar 2, 2013, 11:33 pm · #159
IggyEGuana on 11:38:24 AM / 02-Mar-13 Jeremy let me snag that seat off you


It's all yours man,  just shoot me a text or something.
IggyEGuanaMar 3, 2013, 10:18 am · #160

jeremy i did. pm me ur number

ur cage will be pointless welded in cuz some of the tubes are two or three pieces instead of one. like the header bar that goes between the two A pillar bars. it has to sleeves that it fits into on the A pillar bars and then those are bolted together. because of the that the tube is considered to be three pieces and wont meet any rules that require the tubes to be one piece like FD. even if its welded its still 3 separate pieces of metal. check the rulebooks for series like IFO and whatever else u wanna do. bolt in cages are sometimes allowed. maybe with addition safety supplements like are restrains or something but it could still work. A bolt in cage is ok for FD ProAm as long as you have additional doorbars welded in

sideways_s12Mar 3, 2013, 11:28 am · #161

Ahh ok thanks

IggyEGuanaMar 4, 2013, 10:14 pm · #162

Check out this thread that Redneck made.
http://club-s12.org/retro4/index.php?topic=36512
 Its about gathering support for my drift campaign. Not just financial support but also enthusiasm. And I'm starting an oldschool/garage/drift lifestyle brand. obviously it'll have a slow start but hopefully everything works out.

night_s12Mar 4, 2013, 10:17 pm · #163

I gotta say ill deffinately pick up product from your brand

IggyEGuanaMar 4, 2013, 10:28 pm · #164

thank you. all i can hope to do is earn it

night_s12Mar 4, 2013, 11:13 pm · #165

No problem. I'm super down with supporting someone with aspirations!

IggyEGuanaMar 8, 2013, 1:49 am · #166

Still looking for a one piece racing seat. lmk

WonderingravenMar 8, 2013, 2:04 am · #167

There is a sparco on vd forums that is forsale.  Looks like he wants 150 for it though, don't know if that is out of your price range.

IggyEGuanaMar 10, 2013, 12:17 am · #168

minty fresh tires mounted. helmet ordered. possibly picking up a seat tomorrow

ArroMar 10, 2013, 1:17 am · #169

This thread is full of its usual WIN potential. Carry on, sir.

IggyEGuanaMar 10, 2013, 11:40 am · #170

haha thx. round 2 is march 30th. looks like i'll have everything i need

David BMar 10, 2013, 11:05 pm · #171

good luck!

IggyEGuanaMar 11, 2013, 11:45 am · #172

thanks. I picked up the seat yesterday. Its a Kirkey drag seat. All aluminum with a padded vinyl cover. Its not FIA rated but its legit

Johnny_boiMar 12, 2013, 2:57 am · #173

Pure win^^^^^^^

IggyEGuanaMar 12, 2013, 12:44 pm · #174

(https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/577746_484631931604186_1099814959_n.jpg)

sideways_s12Mar 12, 2013, 1:50 pm · #175

That thing is ugly lol

pakii-afaMar 12, 2013, 10:35 pm · #176

retro ugly, look like a luxury ww2 airplane seat... id rock it all day haha

sideways_s12Mar 12, 2013, 10:39 pm · #177

Oh i would too just pointing out that its not pretty lol

RedneckMar 13, 2013, 12:33 am · #178
pakii-afa on 10:35:08 PM / 12-Mar-13retro ugly, look like a luxury ww2 airplane seat...

Glad I am not the only one that thought it looked straight outta the 50's. Where the hell did you find that Iggy? Haha.
sideways_s12Mar 13, 2013, 11:53 am · #179

Lol

IggyEGuanaMar 14, 2013, 6:14 pm · #180

cleaned the cover and got the seat mostly mounted in the car. just need to weld up the outer bracket so its taller than the inner one. its on the stock sliders and sits slightly lower than the stock seat. i'm gonna have to slide the seat back to get in/out of the car until i can find a detatchable steering wheel hub

(https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/602007_485811854819527_631829748_n.jpg)
(https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/625659_485872734813439_568191123_n.jpg)
(https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/577194_485872801480099_81184842_n.jpg)

night_s12Mar 14, 2013, 6:31 pm · #181

I have a quick release hub that I'm not gonna use. Not sure if its 6bolt or 5bolt and its not a stubby either. If u want I can get you some pics of it. Wont rape you on it either lol

IggyEGuanaMar 14, 2013, 6:37 pm · #182

ya shoot me some pics
Post Merge


new SA2010 helmet just got here. $170 from saferacer.com

(https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/625451_485885544812158_1908592750_n.jpg)
night_s12Mar 14, 2013, 6:40 pm · #183

Will do just give me a sec. Get some wrap on that helmet!!
Post Merge


Pm sent
Johnny_boiMar 14, 2013, 7:21 pm · #184

I'm rocking that same seat lol

IggyEGuanaMar 19, 2013, 1:04 pm · #185

Seat is in. I added some padding to it which I stole out of an old s12 seat. The foam in our stock seats is actually pretty awesome

(https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/487870_487251704675542_2042512663_n.jpg)

Jeremy AMar 19, 2013, 3:24 pm · #186

Perfect helmet, can't go wrong with the stig white.

Haha, that seat man.  The red matches!  Does the seat predate the car, you think?

IggyEGuanaMar 19, 2013, 5:47 pm · #187

No I don't think its that old. That helmt blows. Its nice and all but its too bulky and it hits the roll cage padding. I think a higher quality helmet with the same safety rating wouldn't hit.

Next thing to do it swap out the crappy blown out right rear shock for the replacement KYB. After that its swapping hoods.

EternalSwapMar 21, 2013, 11:44 pm · #188

I feel the need to tandem with you, one day. I love this build

IggyEGuanaMar 22, 2013, 12:13 am · #189

come out to vegas

EternalSwapMar 22, 2013, 7:15 pm · #190

I need my SE to have all 6 pistons first

WonderingravenMar 22, 2013, 8:10 pm · #191

^ looks like you need a whole new block.  Find an VG33

EternalSwapMar 23, 2013, 11:30 pm · #192

Ain't nobody got money fo dat!

Ju_S12_TurboMar 24, 2013, 1:22 am · #193
IggyEGuana on 05:47:48 PM / 19-Mar-13No I don't think its that old. That helmt blows. Its nice and all but its too bulky and it hits the roll cage padding. I think a higher quality helmet with the same safety rating wouldn't hit.

Bro F that helmet! I just got the same one and I hate it. If Pro-am wasn't today and tomorrow I would have returned it haha, doesn't help that the XXL doesn't fit my massive dome piece lol. Plus it looks super stupid lol
IggyEGuanaMar 24, 2013, 1:51 am · #194

lmao I agree. poor drifters gotta make due with crappy equipment

IggyEGuanaMar 27, 2013, 1:51 am · #195

Fab Life Garage racing seats.. well uh race watching seats anyway

(https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/540162_10200834508809831_423452686_n.jpg)

yes they are welded on frames to the bases and are fully functional and awesome

sideways_s12Mar 27, 2013, 2:15 am · #196

Win...

David BMar 27, 2013, 9:27 pm · #197

high density padding? it costs a tad more but gives good clearence. idk what kind of padding you have up there but i rememeber theres a few types of thickness's

IggyEGuanaMar 27, 2013, 11:55 pm · #198

i was gonna buy the 1/2 inch thick sfi rated stuff but its over 30 bucks. I'll get it eventually

Round 2 of VegasProAM is THIS SATURDAY! not much to do with the car. gonna put the hood on and top off the gas tank. thats about it

EternalSwapMar 28, 2013, 12:13 am · #199

waylon, how do you like that seat? how do you have it mounted? my se is going to need a seat, mostly because i hate s12 stock seats, and i see seats that look like those on CL all the time, usually advertised for sand rails or something. thanks!

IggyEGuanaMar 28, 2013, 8:54 pm · #200

i havent driven in it yet. but just sitting in it i can tell that the big ass side bolsters need to go. its very secure but its a hassle too. if i was taller or they didnt go as high it wouldnt matter as much. i bent them inward so my arms go outside of them. the seat seems to hold me in place really well but my movement is restricted a lot. I'm pretty sure that i'll cut them down to be more like a normal racing seat. its a drag seat so they really dont expect you to move your arms much